Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lime Pickle Yoghurt

Last night I fell across a taste sensation! I originally made this recipe as a salad dressing because I had been craving the sour lime pickle served in Indian restaurants.
Upon tasting the mix I realised it would make the perfect savory afternoon snack, it would act as versatile base for so many different options.
It sort of reminds me of eating the beautiful Indian dish called 'chaat', you would need to look it up to fully understand, but most definitely tasty and moreish.

The slight sweetness of the yoghurt balances the lime pickle beautifully, and I would possibly add roasted cashew nuts or almonds, maybe even a little bit of grilled chicken. I have to admit though, this mix works beautifully on its own!

INGREDIENTS
Qty of Barambah Bush Honey Yoghurt
Dessert Spoon of Sour Lime Pickle - I use this supermarket brand
- You need to test it to taste, it depends very much on how sour you would like the dish to be

METHOD
Combine and serve, that simple!

Next: I've begun looking at low oil lime pickle, I'll try my best to keep you updated!