Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lamb Cutlets made with Protein Breadcrumbs

I enjoy eating Protein Bread because it meets my nutritional needs without filling me with sugar or carbohydrates. I love eating it for breakfast with Vegemite or Cocopure, and it also makes a lovely toasted sandwich!

I started thinking about lamb cutlets as the weather cooled, and wondered 'Is it possible with Protein Bread?' The answer is YES!



INGREDIENTS
2 slices of Protein Bread, dried (I left them on the window sill in the sun for a while)
1 dessert spoon of ground almonds
1 dessert spoon of Parmesan cheese (I use per grated Grana Padano from Fratelli Fresh)
2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

6 x lamb cutlets (I get mine from The Artisan Butcher in Potts Point, Sydney)
 1 x large egg, beaten
1/2 cup of coconut flour

METHOD
- Place all crumb ingredients in small food processor and blend
- Cover lamb cutlets with coconut flour and coat with beaten egg
- Roll lamb cutlets in breadcrumb mixture
- Heat oil in shallow pan suitable for frying, cook for approx 4min each side
- Served here with sweet potato mash and steamed vegies (nothing too fancy, it was a weeknight) !

Creates enough crumb for at least 6 lamb cutlets.
Visit the Protein Bread website here, they also have a great Facebook page.
If you are located in Sydney you can try out Protein Bread at the Whole Meal Cafe in Darlinghurst.