Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fava Nuts - Roasted Broadbeans!

One of my lovely students Darcy offered me a snack a few months back. I thought it a little strange that she would be eating roasted beans of all things, but these taste fantastic! I later found out she is on a gluten free diet, and these are a helpful choice for her eating.

This morning I arrived at school and there was an entire box of Fava Nuts Roasted Broadbeans sitting on my desk, I was so happy munching away in my car on the way home after work.

As their website says:
"Broad beans are packed with protein with about half the fat of popular corn and potato snacks. Ideal for school lunch boxes or a hunger fix on the run. Fava Nuts – made from the crops that restore Australian soils."

Nice! You can learn more at:
http://www.chicnuts.com/fava-nuts/

NUMBERS (per 25g serve)
Protein: 6.1g
Carbohydrate: 11.5g
Fat: 6.1g