Sunday, May 16, 2010

Why I love tacos!


I used to eat tacos all the time with my Mum and Dad, usually on weekends. They were OK, I was never crazy about tacos! But these days I'm loving Tacos again because they fit into my numbers well, and it also gives me a chance to eat some lean meat and fresh salad.

Some tips:
- Use organic Heartsmart mince
- Low fat cheddar cheese
- Watch how many you eat! I can only really eat two most days, but then I can eat some mince on its own with some salad. (The carbs are in the taco shells)
- Watch out for the burritos, enchiladas etc. The numbers on these can be huge!
- There always seems to be leftover mince for lunch the next day

One of my main nutrition goals is to step away from processed food and I must admit tacos are my weakness. Next step is working out my own seasoning so I don't have to worry about any unnecessary nasties such as 'anti-caking agents' in the kit.

You can learn more info, including nutritional info here:
http://oldelpaso.com.au/products/dinner-kits/taco-kit-295g/5.aspx

NUMBERS (per taco, complete)
Protein: 12.6g
Carbohydrate: 6.7g
Fat: 7.9g