Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Breakfast Cereal


Finding a cereal that suits my eating plan has been difficult, my biggest challenge has been reducing carbohydrates and increasing my protein intake.

I found Protein First at Woolworths Supermarket Potts Point, and it probably fits my plan best. There are some days where I just don't have time to cook eggs!

Protein First is made of Barley Flakes, and until I get the time to mix my own cereal flakes, it is the best thing I can find. I usually add a tablespoon of milled flaxseed and serve using shape milk.

There is actually a shortage of this cereal in Supermarkets at the moment due to high temperatures during the growing season, until November 2010 apparently only Coles will stock Protein First! Looks like I will be walking further up the street to Coles then...

You can learn more at:
http://www.goodnesssuperfoods.com.au/products/protein