Saturday, June 5, 2010

Healthy mini meals for all-day energy!

I was visiting one of my favourite fashion/lifestyle blogs today called frolic when I noticed a story on making 'Banana, berry & yoghurt popsicles.' Even though it's Winter here in Sydney I have been craving icy treats, probably because Mark often munches away on yummy things after I go to bed and I'd love to join him, filling up my belly before I go to sleep!

When I clicked on a link to the yoghurt popsicles a great article came up called 'Healthy Mini Meals for all-day energy!'

There is alot of good stuff here, it leans more towards Summer-type food and some recipes may be a little carb heavy (although low in gi, high in fibre), but I just love the ideas and photography.

Here are some of my favourites (you can click on the photos to go straight to the recipe):

Banana, berry & yoghurt popsicles

Mustard chicken with apple

Split-pea crisps

Pear and almond

Chickpea dip

Spiced nuts and seeds

I know I'll be trying these recipes out, particularly once I get over my current soup, casserole and curry obsession! Will be great for lunches at work... now just to get my hands on a popsicle mold...