Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tomato and Chickpea Lamb

I swear I typed this out the night I ate it, but the recipe has seemed to have gone missing from the blog so here it is again. I have gone through the hassle of typing it out again because this dish tastes so damn good, and makes even better leftovers or lunch. Winter makes me hungry and this dish is very satisfying and filling, Yum!

INGREDIENTS
800g heartsmart lamb, sliced
1 tsp minced chilli
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil (i use garlic oil)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 red capsicum, sliced
400g chopped tomatoes
400g can chickpeas, rinsed
100g baby spinach leaves

METHOD
1. Place lamb, chilli, turmeric, cumin, capsicum, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag, toss to coat.
2. Heat a frying pan add oil and garlic, cook for 30sec
3. Add lamb and cook until brown
4. Stir in tomatoes and chickpeas and cook for 2min or until sauce is a bit thicker
5. Stir in spinach to serve.

I haven't worked out the numbers yet but I'll add them soon.

Adapted from: Donna Hay Issue 32 April/May 2007